The London Borough of Bexley is responsible for keeping roads and footways in a safe condition for highway users, whilst ensuring that disruption to the public is kept to a minimum where-ever possible.
Bexley's roads and footways can be damaged in a number of ways, including:
- Wear and tear from high traffic levels on busy roads
- Statutory works i.e. repairs to water, gas and electricity supplies
- Wearing out through the effects of natural weathering
- Damage to footways by parked cars
The Council is committed to carrying out highway maintenance works in order to meet three main objectives:
- Keep the borough's roads and footways in a safe condition for highways users
- Extend the service life of the road or footway
- Enable the road or footway to withstand damage caused by wear and tear
Further information in relation to road and footway maintenance can be found here.
Not registered yet? Why not see what benefits registration can offer.